By Blackbird Pie Company
Ingredients for 2 dozen 3” tarts:
Pastry for 24 tarts
21⁄2 cups (625 ml) frozen wild blueberries
11⁄2 cups (375 ml) Ontario sour cherries (halved)
1 cup (250 ml) sour cream 11⁄2 tbsp (23 ml) flour
1 cup (250 ml) sugar
1 tsp (5 ml) lemon zest
1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
1 cup (250 ml) flour
1 cup (250 ml) brown sugar 1⁄2 cup (125 ml) butter
- Using either your favourite homemade or store-bought pastry, roll and form 24 tart shells in aluminum tins or standard-sized muffin tins.
- Barely melt butter in microwave (30 sec.) or stovetop.
- Using your hands, mix together flour, brown sugar and butter until a soft crumble forms.
- Mix together sour cream, flour, sugar, lemon juice and zest until creamy and smooth.
- Add fruit to sour cream mixture and combine.
- Divide fruit/cream mixture evenly among all 24 tart shells.
- Divide crumble topping onto the top of each tart.
- Bake at 350° F for 45 minutes. Crumble should be golden and juices thickened.
Note: The tarts may overflow while cooking. To avoid a mess in the oven place your tart shells/muffin pan onto a cookie sheet.